Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I must down to the seas again..."



My sister has uploaded a few videos of my niece and nephew with my brother-in-law on the local beach near their house in Connecticut. I would have overdubbed it with some Pixies as a soundtrack but it is cute to hear them too. It makes me cringe to think of the hundreds of hours of film my Dad shot of our family and how easy it would be to torture all of us if he digitized them and uploaded them. My last apartment in CT was a leisurely ten minute stroll from the beach in the video. Good times.


I have been enjoying the PBS series "Carrier". The biggest achievement may be that the producers were allowed access by the Navy to film it in the first place. It's a little uneven so far still but very impressive especially with some of the high-definition shots.

David Sedaris has a piece in the New Yorker about smoking/not smoking.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

I have about a half hour's worth of video of the girls spanning from babies up to 8 and 9 years old. It's pretty cute, but I don't think I need hours and hours of it. Still, there are days where I like to watch it and remember how cute they were and hear their little kid voices. Sigh.

El Duderino said...

I caught a bit of Carrier as well, notably the part where the girl from Bumphuksville AR can't go ashore in Hong Kong because she had done something stupid. I forgot about such sillyness.

Unknown said...

Restricted to base due to an incident with alcohol...yep pretty rare in the military...never happened to me...it especially didnt happen twice...