Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Winter Wonderland

I have fired my weekend editor. Serious problem with lack of content over the weekend. Hate to get caught in the publish or perish paradigm but there it is and someone had to pay.

Upgraded my phone to one with a camera and was starting to play with it a bit this weekend. Also picked up new book from library: a recommendation from Red State Librarian (former Army compadre from Korea and Planet Ord currently residing in Ohio).

The book is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Rambling historical mystery that begins in Barcelona in 1945 at a place called the Cemetery of Forgotten books. I was hooked from the prologue. Blurbs compare it to a variety of authors from Perez Reverte to Eco to Garcia-Marquez. I think it is similar to historical thrillers such as Name of the Rose or Instance of the Fingerpost and can not wait to get back to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After reading some more fo this book I would say the writing style more of a page turner, along the lines of Arturo Perez-Reverte then say Umberto Eco or Iain Pears.