Sunday, November 20, 2005

"All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow. So I went back to Iowa."- Grant Wood








It is very hard for me to stop monkeying around with old posts I found a comprhensive site on Grant Wood here with examples of all of his work and also where I lifted the quotation from. It would be interesting to find out if Ragna's comment was true. It might get her stripped of Iowa citizenship though and me sent back to New England in a hurry. I also put the Stone City image mentioned in the previous post.

Grant Wood was also an inspiration for the Stone City Brewery formerly located in Solon, IA but Stone City sounded better I guess. It's now closed but they did brew a mean Pale Ale, the Stein Bock with a heated railroad spike dipped into it was very tasty and the Artist Colony was supposedly named after his old art colony in Stone City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish i had a growler of iowa pale ale.