Monday, July 10, 2006

Introducing, for the first time here...

Iggy and Hopper


We recently adopted a couple of Kalona farm cats. I promise that I will not turn this into a series of cloying shots of kittens hanging off of branches, swinging from the chandelier, or mauling each other. I was attempting to photoshop them into one of Robert Rainey style portraits below but that turned out to be difficult so I quit.

It has been years since I have had a kitten. When dogs play it's as if they are preparing for a sporting event, albeit one with lots of fetching and drooling. I suppose it could a football training camp. Kittens on the other hand while amusing to watch still manage to maintain an air of menace to their play. It's like they are in an unregimented ninja training school and will eventually graduate and become assassins. Like Le Femme Nikita but without the instructors or etiquette coach.

5 comments:

El Duderino said...

Cats Dexter? Cats? Say it aint so.

scruffylooking said...

I fully expect a "Hang in There Baby" kitty poster post the next time I obsessively check your blog.

Unknown said...

Large dog to follow as soon as feasible.

Anonymous said...

So, how did you decide on Iggy?

Frances would have been way better - then when she was preparing for her Ninja ways you could remind her..

Relax, Frances!

Unknown said...

It wasn't easy. It a nod to Ignatius J. Reilly and/or Iggy Pop. Ortiz "Lil Papi" was his name for almost a day. But it didn't take.