Monday, December 31, 2007

Redemption Song




Just started reading the Joe Strummer biography by Chris Salewicz that I found in tatters on the discard shelf of the local public library. Not really in shreds but the binding had been broken and the book is now in several sections and a smattering of loose pages. Somehow this seems apropos for a story about Joe Strummer. Not sure when or if the film will be available around here likely it will be out on DVD or it may show up at the university theatre here in town. Not to end the year on a bummer but its not a bad time to pop in some Clash records or a Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros cd to ring in the new year. In a lovely piece of foreshadowing I found a decent copy of their Global a Go-Go cd a few weeks back for a buck. Happy New Year to all. Peace.

4 comments:

El Duderino said...

It's playing at Real Art Ways in Hartford, the last show for today started 50 minutes ago. Maybe I'll see it tomorrow.

El Duderino said...

It's also playing on pay per view on the boob tube, what a country!

Churlita said...

I will always love Joe Strummer. I'm glad I got to see the Clash - even if it was after they split into two different Clashes. At least I saw Joe's instead of Mick's.

Unknown said...

I am about halfway through the biography...It seems Joe always felt guilty about firing Mick. The dynamics were typical of most bands in their position. Pressure, fissures, splits...etc.