Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Triumph of Death



It has been a hectic week. Returned from Columbus (Red State, sorry I was too busy to get some Korean food with you this time. Will be back in state week of April 9-13).

I will try and keep up the site. It may be infrequent posting until work settles down later this week but I assure you the quality will continue to be sub-par. For various reasons mostly related to work and the Martin Amis book Experience, I have been thinking of the above by Bruegel. I first ran across this at Uconn in a history class on the Reformation which initially sparked more of an interest in the art of this period.

4 comments:

scruffylooking said...

You ran across this painting in history class or a scene similar to this upon entering your history class?

El Duderino said...

Bruegel along with Bosch have always been among my favorites, kind of depressing though.

scruffylooking said...

Dear Dexter,

If you're going to stop writing your blog, could you at least leave us with a less horrific image. Even Tawny Kitaen's mug shot would be better then this..Okay, I won't go that far, but you get the point.

Sincerely,

The Obsessive Blog Readers of the world

p.s. If I didn't make any sense when I spoke to you last night, please feel free to blame it on the birthday hoopla and the Rolling Rock.

Unknown said...

you were as coherent as i was which may not be saying much...