Friday, March 02, 2007

Web 2.0



I meant to put this up a while ago. I ran across this through a friend (Doolittle) of a friend's website, We'll Know When We Get There. One of my goals was to be more web savvy this year and apart from watching this video I have done little about it. "But I am trying Ringo."
(There is a clue that last bit as to how Doolittle got her nickname from Smooch or Blaze. For about 2 months at UConn I thought that was her real last name. Smooch's nickname is self-explanatory and it rhymes with his last name.)

Anyway the video is interesting in the non-pejorative sense although a tad bit new-agey near the finale but I still thought that the three or four people that read this that don't already read the aforementioned blog would get something out of it or enjoy where it takes them. I added the link to my blog list which makes for a nice counter balance to El Duderino's reactionary-libertarian anti-Clintonian rants. I would say that Allison and her blog rate high on what one of my Poly/Sci profs used to call "political efficacy". I forgot what that means.


I am also throwing up some torrent sites chiefly for my own use. I recommend getting into them if you have the bandwidth as it is a great way to get live music of all sorts. Granted there is lot of jam bands but you can sort through the Leftover Salmon/Dead/Phish to find some great shows. How else could I assuage my obsession with all things Mould, Tweedy,and Dylan?

3 comments:

Churlita said...

I'll have to check it out as soon as I get my fixed computer up at home tonight or tomorrow. Yea!

Dexter said...

Bummer about the 'puter.

Jackline said...

Hi Nice Blog .This web time clock is used to track the time and attendance of employees, and at the same time track labor activity against specific parts, jobs, and operations.