Thursday, May 03, 2007

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? "



S. picked up the new Feist yesterday and it does live up to the hype on initial listen. I had never heard of her until last weekend and the owner of Decorum was playing her previous cd in his shop and I thought it was Madeleine Peyroux or Regina Spektor of the recent spate of Billy Holiday style chanteuses. I hope they don't ruin it by throwing a bunch of Grammy's a la Alicia Keys at her. This video was over at I Am Fuel and on SFJ's blog and I can't help but recall...





...the Spike Jonze video for Bjork's Oh So Quiet not as graceful but still fun. This of of course must all go back to Blazing Saddles with Dom DeLuise as the Busby Berkeley director in the fight scene at the end... "Sounds like steam escaping."

No comments: