Thursday, June 26, 2008

"I got more records than the KGB"



"What the hell is that fat bastard writing about us this time?. I wish we could read."

This song is, in the parlance of the day, "so last year" but I can not stop playing it. It's an Adrock remix so a little different. The original version caught my ear because it's laid over top of one of my favorite Joe Strummer tunes, "Straight to Hell". That and the gunfire chorus.

M.I.A- Paper Planes (Remix for the Children by Adrock)

All the hipsters nod your heads and tap your feet. And at the end laugh cynically like college radio DJ's at UConn in the 90's mocking the non Fugazi fans. You get the picture.

Let's Dance to Joy Division-The Wombats


I love cover songs. This one goes out to The Dude. He abides.

"Friends of P"-Tokyo Police Club

2 comments:

Churlita said...

I love that mix tape you made on Friday. You promise you'll burn a copy for me?

Unknown said...

Yes...will do it soon as i can