Friday, June 23, 2006

"What Fresh Hell is This?"



I managed my escape from Lansing. Actually the Nuthouse was not bad for a Sport's Bar. It is located diagonally across from Oldsmobile Park (the blurry thing in the background of sign), home of the Lansing Lugnuts, who sadly were out of town and were probably back in Cedar Rapids playing the Kernels. So we finally made it downtown after being stuck in hotel in meetings etc for a couple of days. Our dump of hotel was made historic on day of departure when thefollowing was related to me by friend. Apparently two women who were admiring my colleague's Mustang as he prepared to drive back to Columbus exclaimed, "This place used to be the Playboy Club that's why it's so nice!"
I could not confirm that it was the same location but have no reason to doubt the claim. I did find out that the Lansing Playboy club was the very last one in the U.S. to close, in 1988. End of era I suppose. Anyways, I was almost stuck there another night thanks to weather and United Airlines. Will have to go into details later. Off to Chicago for some R&R.

1 comment:

scruffylooking said...

I wonder if any of the '80's bunnies were still hanging out still waiting to get discovered. If so, what did they look like? How does that age? Like Tawny Kitaen?