Monday, November 06, 2006

Día de los Muertos


Sunday night I made it back from the Phoenix area and after starting some laundry I went downtown to meet some friends for the bonfire ceremony at the terminus of the All Souls Procession. I wish I had captured some shots of the people in costume. A lot of skeletons in face paint and some cool outfits. I will have to write up the weekend in detail later. Part of the problem taking pictures was my clumsy attempts at figuring out the timing of new camera, the distance, and the dark. This shot was an accident and the result of an unstable hand.

5 comments:

Churlita said...

What an awesome accident.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you snuck a comment in curing my fifteen different spell checks grammar corrections.

El Duderino said...

Man I’m envious of you, Dia de Los Muertos is the most fascinating holiday ever. A pre Columbian, probably pre Aztec observance now kind of Christianized and still celebrated in the 21st century. The art is fantastic too. James Crumley wrote a book with Kent Harrington called Dia De Los Muertos, no library around here has it so I’m reading Harrington’s Red Jungle.

Unknown said...

I thought I had heard of everything by Crumley. I will take a look around here. How is Harrington so far?

El Duderino said...

Just got it, I'll let you know.